Saturday, February 28, 2015

Booze Crooze: Be Tempted

Be tempted. Have a Sip. You’ll never believe what happens next.

Through the years, I’ve had chances to try all types and brands of whiskeys. I have found one thing to be true: I have yet to find a whiskey that I don’t have some type of appreciation for. That being said, I’ve found only a few whiskeys that I purchase time and time again. Temptation Whiskey is one of them.


Temptation is made up of 75% corn, 20% rye and 5% malted barley. It is a solid bourbon with a smooth palette feel and a semi-dry finish. It holds some strong coconut and vanilla on the nose with a pleasant minty profile overall. It has quite a sweetness on initial sip, but the sweetness disappears as soon as it is off the tongue. It is easy to sip neat, or with a splash of water or sliver of ice. It is not a hot bourbon and drinks smooth when straight, but the flavor profiles when cooled or iced are significantly different. I recommend trying both ways.



When drinking Temptation with food, I prefer a good cut of steak or lamb, some hearty cheeses, and even some dark chocolate. You really want to taste the whiskey and have the food as a compliment. Charcuterie is an excellent way to go when drinking Temptation.

Last time I drank temptation was a magical journey. I took a sip and couldn’t believe what happened next. Go ahead. Be tempted.

-Blackhat

0 comments :

Post a Comment