Friday, August 8, 2014

'Tusk' - The Trailer is Released


I enjoy Kevin Smith and Kevin Smith movies. I follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and listen to his SModcast. I’ve seen everyone one of his movies and read his book Tough Sh*t, which was a great read.

If you’ve seen any of his movies, you know that the writing is where it’s at. He has an incredible skill for the written word. Whether it is Clerks, Clerks II, Dogma, Red State, or any of his other great films, you will see dark humor, seriousness, and incredible conversations between characters.

Tusk will be no different, and that is where my excitement lies. I remember listening to the podcast that turned in to Tusk. It was SModcast 259 The Walrus and theCarpenter. It was a conversation about an ad on Gumtree.com where the homeowner offered a place to stay free of charge, as long as the tenant dressed in a walrus costume. The ad was later shown to be a prank post, but non-the-less, Smith started writing the script and eventually turned it into a film based on a Twitter vote of #WalrusYes or #WalrusNo. This is a way only Smith could get a film made.

The trailer has now been released and that is awesome! I can’t wait for September 19 when I can see this movie, as this one actually has a theater release, unlike Red State. From the trailer, you can already tell that a great deal of time has been spent on the dialogue. From the quick jokes you hear to some of the deep content between Justin Long and Michael Parks, this will indeed be a great start to Smith’s horror trilogy and I can’t wait to see it. 

I don't want to die in Canada,
- Blackhat




0 comments :

Post a Comment