Friday, August 1, 2014

Does It Come In Black? LEGO® Announces Tumbler Set

Let me start off by saying I love LEGO. I have Construction, Star Wars®, Architect,  Technic, pretty much you name it. I’ve got more than I can count and have been collecting since I can remember.

Anyway, as I get older, I find myself getting more excited about the challenge of assembly. More pieces, more directions, more parts, more time. These things are what keep me buying LEGO, and what keeps my wife telling me to quit buying LEGO.

It is all of this that makes me super stoked for the announcement LEGO made just before Comic-Con. In September, A LEGO Tumbler, the Dark Knight’s vehicle of choice, will be available for purchase (http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Tumbler-76023).  Why so excited, you ask? Because this is going to be awesome. You see, I have the original Batmobile that came out in 2006 (you can still find them for about $400-$500). This was one of my favorite builds because everything was black. It wasn’t a technical build, but sorting through all of the pieces and reading all of the directions was a really fun challenge.

This set will also be mostly black, which will make it a challenge. There will be a lot of pieces, a lot of directions, and a lot of quality building time. The attention to detail in the cockpit, the brand-new Joker mini-figure, the fact sheet with stand. All of these things are going to make this set unbelievable.

However, more than anything else, this will be the first set that I will be able to build with my son. This bonding time over Legos is something I enjoyed as a kid and something that I hope my son enjoys and carries it on to his kids, if he decides to have any.

Whether you have kids or not, LEGOS are a blast. I, however, love building with my son and can’t wait to get this set for us to enjoy together. Until next time, tip that hat.

-Blackhat

0 comments :

Post a Comment