Friday, July 31, 2015

I, Stormtrooper

I, Stormtrooper

This past June, my family and I had the opportunity to attend Star Wars Weekends 2015 at Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida. During this trip, I had the opportunity to take part in Disney's D-Tech Me Star Wars experience and I couldn't have been more excited!

First introduced in the Summer of 2012, Star Wars – D-Tech Me is a 10-minute experience that uses the world’s highest-resolution, single-shot 3D face scanner (created by the Imagineering scientists of the Disney Research lab) to capture your likeness and to create a high resolution 3D figurine in one of 6 classic Star Wars characters, which include : Stormtrooper, X-Wing Pilot, Alderaan Princess, Jedi Knight, TIE Fighter Pilot and Carbon Freeze.




Upon being seated in front of the 3D scanner, I was given a fashionable headband to raise just above my hairline and was instructed to provide a round of emotions for the camera (smiling, serious, angry, etc.) that I would be able to chose from in the next room. Not impressed (nor am I ever) with my smiling or angry facial expressions, I choose the straight serious expression and moved on to selecting my figures skin tone and hair style options similar to what you would see in an RPG character engine.




With my selections made, I was sent on my way with an online tracking tool and the promise of delivery within 6-8 weeks …

Guess what just arrived?




Standing 7” tall (just slightly larger than the Star Wars Black Series figures) and retailing for $119.95, the Star Wars – D-Tech Me experience is extremely limited to just 5 weekends out of the year (May – June) and provides a rare, one-of-a-kind personalized opportunity every Star Wars fan should experience!




Questions or Comments? Sound off below, or find me on Twitter as @ArchangelEZE and for more exciting news and reviews, follow NGP on Facebook!

Until next time True Believers,


1 comments :

  1. This is so cool!! I'm definitely impressed at how much it looks like you and not some mutilated version of you.

    ReplyDelete