Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Star Wars Rebels: First Impression



Today is my birthday and I am posting on a topic that I love, Star Wars!

I knew that Star Wars Rebels was going to be good before it started because it was from the creators of Star Wars The Clone Wars, but I didn’t know it was going to be freaking awesome! Just a warning if you haven’t seen the first episode/movie for Star Wars Rebels then there may be some SPOILERS in this post.


Here is the short plot summary for Star Wars Rebels and the characters provided from starwars.com :


“Set between the events of Star Wars Episodes III and IV, the Star Wars Rebels story unfolds during a dark time when the evil Galactic Empire is tightening its grip of power on the galaxy. Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet and are ruining the lives of its people. The motley but clever crew of the starship Ghost – cowboy Jedi Kanan, ace pilot Hera, street-smart teenager Ezra, the “muscle” Zeb, warrior firebrand Sabine, and grumpy old astromech droid Chopper – will face threatening new villains, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.”



I like that they are going deeper into the events between Episodes III and IV, but I would also like to see Starkiller from the blockbuster videogame series, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, show up in the series. Starkiller was a big part of the start of the Rebellion and would only be proper to fit him in.



Overall, I am truly excited for the rest of the season. I hope we get to see some more familiar faces (you do). If you haven’t watched it the second episode is available on the Watch Disney XD app with a few surprise guests. Also ABC will be airing ‘Spark of the Rebellion’ again with an extra scene featuring Darth Vader and voiced by none other than James Earl Jones! It will be aired on Sunday, October 26 at 7pm EST. I will be watching it again for that extra scene and because it was truly amazing. Disney is doing an excellent job so far with this series and is giving me a peace of mind that Episode VII will be great.


What are your thoughts on Rebels so far? Tell us in the comments below or hit us up on Facebook.

Side Comment:
If you haven't watched Star Wars The Clone Wars, you absolutely need to. That series is probably the best thing that came from LucasFilm since the Original Trilogy. All the seasons are available on Netflix including the unaired Season 6. Don't be a whiny Sith and just do it!



May the Force Be With You!

-  Da_Fettman

2 comments :

  1. I'm really enjoying the new series as well. I just watched "Droids In Distress" last night and loved the cameo appearances. I'm also looking forward to the Blu-ray release of The Clone Wars : Lost Missions releasing early next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, have seen the first episode and it was fantastic! As mentioned in the article the Clone Wars was an incredible series extremely well done. I look forward to many more great episodes and really excited about Dec 18 of next year...

    ReplyDelete