Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Best Star Wars Action Figure Line


The Best Star Wars Action Figure Line

The Star Wars 6” Black Series by Hasbro is the best Star Wars action figure line to date! Hasbro also has a 3.75” line but the 6” line is far superior in detail and accessories. The 3.75” line is basically repackage figures from previous lines unless it’s a new never before released figure like Darth Plagueis or Bastila Shan.



Being a collector, I have never wanted every figure in a line before, even the characters I don’t really care about. There is just so much detail in these figures, I don’t mind spending the $20+ price tag on them. So far there are 5 waves of the regular 6” figures, a couple different exclusives either from SDCC or retailers, and Hasbro has just released their first deluxe wave (retails around $40).

Wave 1 & 2 with the SDCC '13 exclusive Boba Fett w/Han in carbonite

SDCC '13 Boba Fett w/Han in carbonite and packaging


Here is Wave 5 (latest) along with my most recent in store find, the deluxe Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike. For the deluxe figures there is also the Han Solo / Greedo Showdown Cantina Set and the deluxe Jabba the Hutt figure. Toys'R'us also has an exclusive 3.75" Battle of Endor set that includes an AT-ST and 8 other figures.

Definitely have to get the Chewbacca!


There is also an exclusive coming to... wait for it... Walgreens of all places. This prototype Boba Fett is a must have for me to add to my Bobafettish collection.


This is just the latest for this toy line and I hope Hasbro continues with this line for a while. I will continue to bring the latest for this Star Wars toy line and other Star Wars news.

If you don't think this is the best Star War toy line or you have a favorite toy line, please tell us we would love to hear from you!

May the Force Be With You!

- Da_Fettman

***Update***
Just picked up the Cantina Showdown from Toys'R'Us, I didn't realize it was their exclusive.

4 comments :

  1. I was always a fan of the Unleashed series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ML, good call. The Unleashed series was a great series, not very good for displaying them in the box though. It wasn't until years later that certain Unleashed figures made it to the "canister" style blisters where you could display them. This series is great in and out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the Black Series is exceptional. I own the entire first 6" wave, and well on my way for the second. Good luck finding that exclusive Walgreens variant. Can you say 'eBay'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to try "the hunt" first and if I can't find it then I'll resort to evil eBay.

    ReplyDelete